Atlantis, FL dentist welcomes pediatric patients
The dental care your child receives early sets the tone for his or her lifetime attitude toward hygiene and treatment. It is important to start with a dentist who has a gentle approach, making visits fun and informative for the child, and low-stress for you. The team at Atlantis Dental Care welcomes pediatric and special needs patients from the Atlantis, FL area for the respectful treatment they deserve.
When to start
Remember the rule of “firsts.” Schedule your child’s first visit when the first tooth erupts or by baby’s first birthday – whichever comes first. However, it is never too late to start a program of pediatric dental care, even if your child is older or has not yet seen a dentist.
The initial appointment familiarizes the child with the faces, sights, and sounds of our dental office. We make it enjoyable, speaking directly to the child and offering a ride in the chair. We count teeth and answer your questions about oral development, thumb sucking, pacifiers, nutrition, or other concerns. The hygienist shows you how to keep the child’s gums and teeth clean.
What to expect from ongoing pediatric dental care
We do everything we can to help your child avoid the discomfort and embarrassment of dental problems, and to spare you concern and expense. With this focus on prevention, we provide:
- Comprehensive initial examination.
- Regular checkups with gentle, professional cleaning.
- Digital x-rays to monitor oral development and catch tooth decay early, when it is easily treated.
- Dental sealant. This transparent plastic flows into grooves in enamel on the chewing surfaces of molars, dramatically reducing risk of cavities.
- Topical fluoride treatment, to strengthen enamel and fight tooth decay.
- Custom-fit mouthguards to reduce chance of oral injury during sports or other activities.
- Spacers to prepare the mouth for braces.
- Interceptive orthodontics.
Emergency dental care. We allow room in our daily schedule to see urgent cases such as toothaches, teeth knocked out or loose, broken teeth, dislodged fillings or crowns, oral infections, and soft tissue injuries.
Together, we can get your child started on the path to a lifetime of bright, healthy smiles. Call (561) 220-7323.